So here are some places you might want to make part of your travel plans:
United Arab Emirates
- Dubai is truly a ski facility in the desert. It has 5 different runs that are designed for beginning to advanced skiers and snowboarders. There is a full 3000 square meters contained in this indoor snow park. All equipment needed is available on site. Numerous restaurants, gift shops and other venues provide visitors with lots to do and see.
- The Snowdome in Tamworth is one of the post popular indoor ski areas. It has a 170-meter slope with year round real snow. The Snowdome provides lessons at all levels for both skiers and snowboarders. Snowmobiling and cross-country skiing is also available at the facility.
- Xscape, located in Castleford, features skiing, snowboarding as well as tobogganing and ice walls. These ice walls are built by hand to simulate conditions of rock climbing, only on ice.
Australia and New Zealand
- Mt. Thebarton in Adelaide, Australia was the first built and is still a popular indoor ski area. The facility includes skating rinks, restaurants and bars, video arcades and other attractions.
- Snowplanet in Auckland, New Zealand offers a full compliment of snowsport activities 365 days a year. It features three lifts and a separate terrain area for snowboarders. A chalet style restaruant opens overlooking the snow park allowing a relaxing atmosphere.
- Germany feature several popular indoor ski areas. The Alpincenter, Jever Skihalle and Snowtropolis all offer great indoor skiing opportunities among other features. Apres ski activities are given special detail at these locations.